Monday, February 6, 2012

Thin’s Average Daily Calories, Fats, Carbs, and Protein

Thin’s Average Daily Calories, Fats, Carbs, and Protein

I've been living low-carb for 11 years and counting. And, I have just figured out how many calories, fats, carbs, protein, and fiber that I am eating on a typical day (because I normally just track my carbohydrate intake). Here's the breakdown:

1,576 calories
110 g of fat
18 g net carbs
20 g of fiber
91 g of protein.

Here is what a typical day looks like:

Breakfast:
Yo’tmeal (2 scoops of Greens and Whey protein powder, ¼ cup of Anutra, 1 tbsp. olive oil, ¼ cup of Greek yogurt, and 1 tsp. cinnamon)
2 cups of coffee with ¼ cup of half and half
Lunch:
1 serving of almond crusted chicken (left over from previous night)
½ cup of roasted brussel sprouts
Dinner:
3 oz. filet mignon
1 cup roasted green beans
salad with Romaine lettucce, 1/8 plum tomato, 1 tbsp. chopped onion, and 2 tbsp. Good Seasons mild Italian dressing
Other:
2 cups of coffee with ¼ cup of half and half
1 piece of low-carb chocolate fudge (made with almond butter, 100 % Ghiradelli chocolate, and Truvia)

A few times per week, I'll have a few hundred more calories (e. g. 1/4 cup of nuts or 1 or 2 ounces of cheese). Then, occasionally I'll have a dessert of low carb ice cream or strawberries and whipped cream. So, all in all, I stay between 1600 and 1800 calories per day.

Interestingly, I have read that a 5'4" woman needs to consume between 1500 and 1800 calories per day. And, I've been doing it without even trying. That's the beauty of a low-carb diet! The body naturally adjusts to eating what it needs.

Low-carb, done right, is not a low calorie diet. It is filling, satisfying, and realistic. It truly is plan that can be enjoyed for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment