Thursday, March 14, 2013

Low Carb Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins


While having coffee with my friend Cynthia she told me about this Paleo, low carb pancake recipe she made, but was not overly excited about. When she told me what the ingredients were I knew it was missing something; and thereafter, I was determined to master the taste and texture.  So I started experimenting by mixing various ingredients with Pumpkin, Almond flour, and Coconut Oil; and that is how I ended up discovering these crowd pleasing, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins. Not only does my husband approve and love them but my father does too! One batch of these muffins will not be enough. I have made them at least five times with the intention of giving them to Cynthia but they never last more than a couple hours in my kitchen…

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins:
In large mixing bowl blend the following ingredients:
1 cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (see recipe below)
1 cup Almond Flour
1/3 cup Splenda
16 packets or 1/3 cup Truvia
1 tbs Sugar Free French Vanilla Coffee Mate Powder
1 tspn Cinnamon
¼ tspn All Spice
Dash of Ginger
½ tspn Salt

In separate mixing bowl whisk the following ingredients:
2 eggs (or 3 eggs for more cakey)
½ Cup Pumpkin (canned no sugar added)
1 tbspn Coconut Oil

Pour pumpkin mixture into the almond flour bowl and mix well. Add chocolate chips. Spoon batter into muffin pan (makes 18 mini muffins or 6 large muffins).

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Sugar Free Chocolate Chips

Ingredients:
4oz. 100% Bakers Chocolate
¼  cup ½ n ½ or coconut cream
14 packets of Truvia
1/3 cup Splenda

Directions: Place chocolate and creamer in a microwave bowl. Heat in microwave for 60 seconds. Stir in sweeteners then place in microwave for 30-60 more seconds. Stir well. Spread chocolate onto wax paper, cover with another sheet of wax paper, then press down to make chocolate as flat/thin as possible. Place flattened chocolate on wax paper in freezer. After ten minutes take chocolate out of freezer and break down into chips.     


No comments:

Post a Comment