Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thinner Fuels Her Work Week with Low Carb Convenience Foods

I work in sales and marketing where I’m constantly running around with clients. In order to perform all of the functions necessary for the job I must have an endless source of energy.

By eating the proper foods (protein, healthy fats, and fiber) I know I can achieve having a high energy level all day long without any cravings.

I wanted to share the example of what I ate last week and how I prepared a few delicious snacks in advance that offer both variety and convenience.

On Sunday night I stocked up on all of my favorite low carb groceries.


I made Chocolate Chip Bran Muffins for mid morning and/or afternoon snack.

Recipe:

Low Carb, High Fiber Muffin Mix -
2 Eggs
1/4 cup of sugar free strawberry jam
2 tbsp brown rice flour
1-1/2 tspn baking soda
1 scoop protein powder (I use Syntrax Strawberry Mouse)
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 cup oat bran (boiled/steamed in one cup of water)

Sugar Free Chocolate Chunks -
2 tbsp half n half
2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
2 packets of splenda + 2 packets of Truvia
1 full dropper of liquid Stevia

Melt chocolate chunk ingredients in microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Mix until thick, pour and flatten onto cling wrap. Place in freezer while prepparing the muffin mixture.

Pre-heat oven 375
In large mixing bowl whisk muffin mixture together, add to greased muffin pan or glass baking square. Break apart chocolate and pour over mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.

I made chicken, hummus roll ups and kale chips for lunch.







Recipe:

Chicken Hummus Roll Ups -
2-3 slices Nitrate Free/No Preservatives Chicken Cold Cuts
1 slice Mozzerella Cheese
2 tbsp Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Roll up chicken, secure with a toothpick, place in a zip lock bag, then into the freezer (will thaw out by lunch time).





Kale Chips -
1 bag of Kale
2-3 tbsp olive oil
Salt/Pepper to taste




Mix ingredients in large mixing bowl. Then dehydrate at 135 degrees for 10+ hours, until crispy


I eat Yo'tmeal for breakfast. Find the recipe in "Thin and Thinner"

No comments:

Post a Comment